How Scott Helps Clients
Leading businesses, public entities, and employers rely on Scott Dixler’s capabilities in matters involving complex intellectual property disputes, class actions, discrimination claims, and torts.
Scott has presented eighteen oral arguments in state and federal appellate courts. Recognizing Scott’s capabilities as an oral advocate, clients have retained Scott to argue appeals briefed by other counsel.
Scott serves on the Amicus Committee of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel. He is also on the Board of the Los Angeles Lawyers' Chapter of the Federalist Society. Scott has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers from 2016 to 2020.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott gained experience as a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York.
Hardesty v. Sacramento County (2020)
Horvitz & Levy persuades Ninth Circuit to vacate $105 million verdict against Sacramento County in constitutional challenge to the County’s enforcement of mining regulations.
Hernandez v. First Student, Inc. (2019)
California Court of Appeal issued published opinion clarifying admissibility of evidence in wrongful death actions and the preservation of issues on appeal
Hassell v. Bird (2018)
California Supreme Court aligns with brief filed by Horvitz & Levy in landmark decision addressing the regulation of speech on the internet
Simers v. Los Angeles Times Communications, LLC (2018)
California Court of Appeal issued published opinion in high-profile employment discrimination case rejecting plaintiff’s constructive discharge claim and ordering new trial on damages
Martinez v. Asplundh Tree Expert Co. (2017)
California Court of Appeal affirmed judgment in favor of power line clearing contractor in negligence action
Bertsch v. Mammoth Community Water District (2016)
California Court of Appeal issued published opinion clarifying primary assumption of risk doctrine and affirming summary judgment for community association and water district
- Harvard Law School
J.D., Editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, cum laude, 2008
- Brown University
A.B., magna cum laude, 2005
- Hon. Milan D. Smith, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2013-2014)
- Hon. William H. Pauley III, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (2011-2013)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Federalist Society, Los Angeles County Lawyers’ Chapter, Board Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Amicus Committee Member
- Calif. Employment Cases Actually Favor Summary Judgement (June 25, 2020) Law360
- The Uncertain Future of Summary Judgment in California (Oct. 30, 2018) Law360
- The Timeliness of Attorney Malpractice Claims (Aug. 18, 2017) Daily J., p. 5