How Selene Helps ClientsSelene Houlis joined the firm in 2020 as part of Horvitz & Levy’s Appellate Fellowship Program. As a fellow, she drafts appellate briefs and letters to the court, performs legal research and prepares memoranda on complex issues, develops articles for publication, and cite-checks briefs and motions.
Selene graduated from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. During law school, she served as Editor-in-Chief for the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review. She completed judicial externships for the Honorable Dolly M. Gee of the United States District Court for the Central District of California and the Honorable Christina A. Snyder of the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Selene obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, where she graduated with honors.
Alvarez v. Silva (2021)
California Court of Appeal reverses mutual domestic violence restraining order entered against our client
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- The Ninth Circuit Properly Imposes Limits on Representative PAGA Claims in Federal Courts (Oct. 14, 2021) Washington Legal Foundation, Legal Backgrounders
- U.S. Supreme Court Update: Cases of Interest in October Term 2020 (Part 2) (Summer 2021) Association of Business Trial Lawyers, ABTL Report
- U.S. Supreme Court Update: Cases of Interest in October Term 2020 (Spring 2021) ABTL Report
- 2020 Amendments to the Federal Rules of Procedure (Vol. 1, 2021) ASCDC Verdict Magazine