Horvitz & Levy partner Jeremy Rosen to be a panelist at August 4 seminar on the Anti-SLAPP statute.
June 17, 2011
On Thursday, August 4, 2011, Horvitz & Levy partner Jeremy Rosen will be a panelist participating in a half-day seminar on the anti-SLAPP statute sponsored by Bridgeport Continuing Education. Mr. Rosen is an expert in California's anti-SLAPP statute, having handled dozens of anti-SLAPP cases in the trial and appellate courts. The other panelists at the seminar are Presiding Justice Paul Turner of the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division Five, and Gary Bostwick of Bostwick & Jassy. Topics for the seminar will include:
- Basic overview of the anti-SLAPP statute and how it operates;
- Tips for plaintiffs for avoiding unnecessary anti-SLAPP motions when drafting complaints;
- A checklist for defense counsel for determining whether an anti-SLAPP motion should be filed against a new complaint;
- The nuts and bolts of preparing and opposing anti-SLAPP motion in the trial courts;
- The nuts and bolts of handling an anti-SLAPP appeal;
- Hot topics in anti-SLAPP jurisprudence; and
- Procedural traps for the unwary.
For further details, and information on how to sign up for the seminar, visit the Bridgeport website.